Sauna from Finland’s ideology is that sauna experience should be comprehensive and multisensorial. For the Finnish sauna to offer the best sauna experience in the world, the experience should include recognizable and high-quality elements, and core values.
Based on several researches, Sauna from Finland has defined the core values of sauna experience, which are: 1) authenticity, 2) multisensory, 3) presence, 4) relaxation, 5) cleanliness, and 6) wellbeing.
These core values are examined as a whole: before, during, and after sauna. The grading of sauna experience can be applied in different sauna environments, for example in tourist resorts, public saunas, spas, swimming pools and hotels.
The Authentic Finnish Sauna Experience quality certificate is granted to sauna services which have passed the criteria presented in the Authentic Finnish Sauna Handbook. The certificate is a sign for clients, stakeholders, and your staff, that your sauna and your service are top class in the world. The certificate granted by Sauna from Finland sets the quality bar world record high and challenges your staff’s know-how every day. In addition, your clients will know that they can rely on having a relaxing experience, when the quality issues of your sauna are in order.
The Authentic Finnish Sauna Experience quality certificate
Sauna service businesses can apply for the quality certificate, for example for their public sauna services or for their guest saunas. A sauna or saunas can also be one part of the supply of services in your business. The certificate is granted for a whole unity, even though the unity may include multiple saunas.
The certified quality sauna services are divided into three categories: Sauna URBAN, Sauna SPA, and Sauna NATURE & GARDEN. Each category has their own sign.
Sauna URBAN is granted for a certified quality service, which is situated in an urban area. Services like this are for example many hotels, and so far, Sokos Hotel chain hotels have developed their sauna experience services to the level of certification.
Sauna SPA is likewise granted for spa services, of which a great example is Neidonkeidas situated in Lohja.
Sauna NATURE & GARDEN is a certificate tailored for services offering nature and countryside experiences. For example, Varjola, Hollolan Hirvi, and Isokenkäisten Klubi are destinations like this.
The certificate application process always includes a visit at the destination by an official auditor from our association. Before visiting, we give pre-instructions which help you to prepare for the audit. The purpose for our expert’s visit is to develop the applicant’s sauna experience for the certification. The audit focuses on completeness: we check what happens before, during, and after sauna. Our criteria are centered around cleanliness, safety, and experiential values.
The elements affecting quality will be checked while going to a sauna. If the sauna experience meets the criteria, the auditor gives our certification group a suggestion that your service should be granted a certificate. The certificate is granted for two years for companies or associations, which meet the demands of the quality criteria.
After getting the certification, you will be handed a diploma and a quality certificate, which can be used for marketing purposes.
How to apply for the quality certificate – step by step:
- Become our member.
- You will receive an info package for the quality certificate via email, such as the quality handbook.
- Perform the needed procedures or expand your know-how for example with our trainings or workshops.
- Send Sauna from Finland an application for a quality certificate.
- Sauna from Finland deals with your application and audits the service after that. The purpose of audit is to make sure that the service meets the demands of Sauna from Finland quality criteria.
- Sauna from Finland certification group deals with the application and the audit report, and then decides on granting the quality certificate.
- Sauna from Finland invoices the audit visit (500, – € + VAT 24%) and the quality certification payment (800 € + VAT 24%), travel and accommodation costs will be agreed separately. The certification is valid for two years after the granting day.
- You will receive a quality certificate and the rights included in it after paying the audit visit and the annual quality certificate fee.
Contact us and ask for more information!
Satu Freyberg +358 400 966 112
Carita Harju +358 40 566 2481